A moment in Montauk
Montauk, NY, also known as the end of the world, is a tiny village on the east end of Long Island. It's known for its beautiful beaches and has a very quaint vibe. Aside from the beaches, I love visiting Montauk because the food is spectacular, the bars are fun, and the shopping is on-point. Overall, my weekends in Montauk are always relaxing, beautiful, and highly enjoyable. This article contains my favorite restaurants, shops and hotel in Montauk.
Stay at Marram: My favorite hotel in Montauk, NY
Shopping in Montauk
The shopping in Montauk is impressive. I love that one minute you can browse a surf shop and the next a high-end, eclectic boutique. Here are some of my favorite stores in Montauk:
- Wyld Blue: Their clothing is beautiful and they have a vast selection of trendy gold jewelry. This is my favorite store in Montauk.
- The 8th Drifter: Here, you can find anything from chic home candles that say “fuck” to a gold coin necklace and cat eye shaped sunglasses.
- Venroy: This shop is new this year and has a modern, trendy mix of styles for men and women.
- Honey and Hive: This store contains a fun and fashionable selection of children's clothing for the little ones in our lives.
- Frankies Bikinis inside of Bluestone Lane coffee shop. I love their swim and knit wear!
- Serena and Lily as well as Indy Home design, offer modern and coastal furniture and accessories for the home.
What to wear in Montauk
As I stated earlier, Montauk has one of those great vibes where you can dress up or down. It is really up to you. Since it was my birthday weekend when I visited, I opted for some bohemian glam looks. Here are some trends I love this summer that I wore in Montauk:
- Sequin skirts: They are flirty and fun and remind me of Barbie. I wore a hot pink sequin skirt, which put me in the Barbiecore category. Pair your sequin skirt with an oversized white tee or tank to dress it down a bit.
- All White Outfits: This look is made for Montauk. Always a clean and airy vibe. I love wearing all white as much as I love wearing all black. Now, I'm just waiting for my invite to Michael Rubin's white party.
- Rosettes: Seen attached to my outfit above. I am loving this 3-d flower trend. Afterall, with 3 flowers tattooed on me I am pretty much a real life flower child.
- Wide Brim Hats: I just bought one off of Amazon and it looks adorable. It kept the sun off of my face (yay for anti-aging) while looking very hipster chic.
The perfect all-white outfit for Montauk
For some reason, I wasn't invited to Michael Rubin's infamous all-white party in the Hamptons (BRB manifesting an invite for next year). If I were, I probably would have worn this fantastic look by Cult Gaia. If you are heading to Montauk, or anywhere in the Hamptons really, remember to pack a head-turning all-white look. It is classic, and chic, and looks great with gold jewelry.